Fried Green Potatoes not TomatoesFrom lilliancooks 6 years ago
- 2 Large potatoes, I used Yukon Gold, shredded, rinsed well and squeezed dry. shopping list
- Flour- just enough to dust potatoes. shopping list
- 2-4 slices of bacon. shopping list
- 1 small onion-minced. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt. shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper. shopping list
- 5 oz. fresh chopped spinach (frozen is also okay...just thaw and squeeze dry). shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon til crisp. Remove bacon, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Saute onions in drippings til tender.
- Add spinach and cook til wilted.
- Crumble bacon and add back to skillet with shredded and flour dusted potatoes. If skillet is too dry add a little olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper. Then mix everything together til well blended.
- Spread mixture to cover bottom of skillet in a thin layer. Press slightly and let cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Cut this mixture into 4 equal pieces and flip each piece.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Then toss and break up sections to cook the inside of the mixture and brown really well, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 25
- martiyou Lusby, Maryland
- pearlpatty Nowhere, Us
- eyliable Wonderland, AU
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- laurieg Wilmington, MA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- iggy Cincinnati, OH
- Plus 15 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklilliancooks Long Island, NY
The Rating13 people
Yum sounds great! I was worried about finding we would need green potatoes for this recipe....lol! I love hash browns...one of my fave breakfast foods and this sounds great! Definitely will be trying soon!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Yum!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
great new recipe... I never thought to add spinach to the hash browns either... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it