Trailer Trash Pot RoastFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 1 tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 4 lbs. boneless chuck roast shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix shopping list
- 1 12 ounce bottle of favorite chili sauce shopping list
- 1 can of cola shopping list
- 2 tbsp. horseradish shopping list
- 4-6 carrots shopping list
- 2 ribs of celery cut on chunks shopping list
- 6-8 small red potatoes cut in half shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in heavy dutch oven.
- Salt and pepper both sides of room temperature beef.
- Brown on both sides in oil.
- Mix horseradish, chili sauce, onion soup mix, and cola.
- Pour over meat.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer.
- Cover with foil tightly.
- Top with heavy lid and cook low for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add veggies, check liquid and recover with lid, cook one hour more until veggies are tender.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Tina this is awesome. Can't wait to try. Congrats on the Homepage Feature Girlfriend!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Made this for dinner this evening and it was lovely. The horseradish evens out the sweetness of the coke and it has a really nice sauce. I did mine in the Crockpot and just thickened the sauce up in a saucepan at the end with a Slurry. Thanks Tina!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
4.7lb roast, done in prescribed time. It was good from the git-go. Some of the carrots laying on top of the roast were still a little on the crunch side but we waded through them. Couldn't even taste any horseradish. Maybe more next time.pointsevenout in Athens loved it