Beer Batter Fish And ChipsFrom borius 6 years ago
- Unpealed red potatoes, 1-2 per person depending on size, cleaned and sliced. shopping list
- fish fillets or steaks of your choice (halibut, cod, Bass, salmon, Albacore), skin and bones removed, one-inch maximum thickness, serving size appropriate per person's appetite. shopping list
- 1 cup flour, chilled in freezer. shopping list
- 1 cup "Guinness Extra Stout" beer, very cold. shopping list
- 1 egg, cold. shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Dutch oven fill half full of peanut oil or other fryer. shopping list
- Tarter sauce. shopping list
- malt vinegar. shopping list
- lemon wedges. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oil to 375F.
- Fry potatoes immersed in oil 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and plate and cover in foil to keep warm until fish is ready.
- Mix batter 5 minutes before removing potatoes from fryer. Remove beer, egg and flour from refrigerator just prior to mixing.
- Bring oil to 350F after removing potatoes.
- Wisk flour, beer, and egg in a bowl just until lump free and season to taste.
- Dip fish in batter and fry in oil 5-7 minutes until batter is crunchy and golden.
- Drain on paper towel
- Serve with tarter sauce, malt vinegar, lemon wedges, salt and pepper on the side.
- Always use fryer common sense.
- Do not overload the fryer to maintain reasonable temperature.
- Do not to burn down the casa or burn off your skin! You may need them after dinner.
People Who Like This Dish 40
The Cookborius Klamath Falls, OR
The Rating12 people
This is how I know "fish n chips." Never, no never use frozen chips from the grocery store. The real thing is sooooooo much better! Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
I can't wait to try this. Guinness absolutely makes the best beer batter. Thank you for the recipe!
Lunalunasea in Orlando loved it
We made this yesterday and it was just as good as I expected it to be. That Guinnness makes some fine and light beer batter...thanks! It's a keeper... =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!