Guinness Battered Onion RingsFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Guinness, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick rings shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep stockpot or deep-fryer, preheat oil to 360 degrees F.
- Place 1/2 cup of the flour and the cayenne pepper in a resealable plastic bag or paper bag and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining flour, the baking powder, cornstarch, salt, and white pepper. Whisk in Guinness until smooth.
- Place the onion rings in the bag containing the flour mixture and toss to coat well. Working in batches, transfer the floured onion rings to the beer batter, making sure that each ring is thoroughly coated with the batter. Remove the rings from the batter and allow excess batter to drip off from the onion rings and immediately place in the preheated oil. Fry, in batches, until golden brown, turning rings as needed, about 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Remove the onion rings, place on a paper towel-lined plate, and season with salt. Repeat with remaining onion rings. Serve hot.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating42 people
My favorite onion rings! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Perfect, thanks! Rated 5.berry in Winter Park loved it
will have to give this a try for the football mania partyravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!