Chocolate Mousse PieFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 1 pie crust shopping list
- ¼ cup butter, softened shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled shopping list
- 2 eggs *NOTE - be sure to use pasteurized eggs since the filling is not baked! shopping list
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided shopping list
- 1 regular size Hershey candy bar, grated (freeze bar first, and it will grate easier) shopping list
- NOTE: for a deeper chocolate flavor, I increase the unsweetened chocolate to 4 ounces. shopping list
How to make it
- Place pie crust in a 9 or 10 inch glass pie plate; sprinkle the top of the crust with about 1 tablespoon of sugar, and pierce the sides and bottom of crust several times with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until crust is a nice golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before filling.
- With a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in cooled chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with the mixer for 3 minutes after each addition. Gently fold in 3/4 of the Cool Whip. Spoon filling into cooled pie crust. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Garnish with grated candy bar. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating14 people
Oh, this was my absolute favorite dessert as a child! (And yes, Krumkake is my mama, so I can speak specifically to THIS yummy recipe.) I really have to make this sometime soon. I haven't had it in ages!irishmama in Chesterfield loved it
I almost forgot to tell you but I made this a couple of nights ago and it was awesome. The men folk said to put it in the keeper box. LOL
Gemtnacndn in Jasper loved it
What a recipe.So easy,so yummy.What about a chocolate sable cookies' dough for crust?ahmed1 in Cairo loved it