Swedish MeatballsFrom keni 7 years ago
- 2lbs lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup beef stock shopping list
- 3-4t fresh grated nutmeg, divded shopping list
- 4t Dijon, divided shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 8-12 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 1 bag egg noodles, cooked and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Combine meat, beef stock, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, 1t nutmeg, 2t Dijon and eggs together.
- Form into about 1 inch meatballs and brown lightly in olive oil and butter.
- About halfway through browning, add mushrooms, garlic and onion and finish browning.
- When done, remove them from pan with slotted spoon and place them in a 9X13 dish.
- In browning pan, add flour to drippings and stir on low heat to make a roux.
- Add chicken stock and stir til thickens.
- Add 2t nutmeg and salt and pepper, remaining Dijon and half and half and stir to combine and thicken
- Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
- **this can also be made as a casserole by slightly undercooking the noodles and placing them in a large casserole dish, then the meatballs, then the cream mixture and bake about the same time. Add a couple T more of chicken stock if you do it this way, though.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating15 people
Nice timing... I just said to myself tonight "I want to make Swedish meatballs..."laurad in loved it
This was excellent....my family really enjoyed this dish. I really liked the flavors of the nutmeg. The only thing I did different was to use the beef stock instead of the chicken for the sauce. Thats all I had on hand. Thanks Keni!!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it
These are excellent meatballs! Very flavorful! Thank you Kenilaurad in loved it