Melting Moments Lemon BarsFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- Base: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened but not melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten until frothy shopping list
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- ¼ cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated lemon rind shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- enough fresh squeezed lemon juice to make it into a glaze shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the base ingredients with a pastry blender or food processor (the mixture should resemble crumbs).
- Firmly pat it into a lightly sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While the base is baking, prepare the filling by beating the eggs together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, flour and baking powder to make a smooth paste. Add some of the beaten eggs if necessary, to make it smooth and runny.
- Add the sugar and grated lemon rind to the beaten eggs, then stir in the flour mixture. Mix ingredients together until smooth and well blended.
- Pour filling over the hot base and return pan to oven.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes, until filling is set.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing all ingredients together until smooth and runny enough to drizzle over the filling.
- When the bars are removed from the oven, immediately use a fork to poke several holes in the filling with the fork tines, then quickly pour the glaze over the top of the bars and let it soak into the top and into the tiny holes made by the fork tines.
- Cool bars completely before cutting into squares.
People Who Like This Dish 52
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating16 people
Oooh yeah! I am a lemon-lover too!! Thanks for posting and a Happy Birthday to your Mama!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Sure looks good to me I'm going to print it as soon as this computer will let me. Got it.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
Great post, just what I needed for the neighborhood Front Porch Art Walk this coming Sunday;)efitobx in Norfolk loved it