Secret Ingredient ChiliFrom donman 7 years ago
- 1 pound of ground chuck shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced (about ½ cup) shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can of light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 (8 ounce) cans of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- Optional toppings; sliced green onions, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped avocado or crushed corn chips. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and stir ground meat an onions in a 5 quart pot over medium heat until beef crumbles and is no longer pink (about 7 minutes).
- Drain grease and return meat to the pan.
- To the pot add the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with desired optional toppings.
- Let simmer longer if you want it to be thicker. I let mine simmer for about an hour. (Also don’t forget to keep stirring)
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating16 people
Looks mouthwatering, and the cocoa powder sounds very interesting in chili! I gotta try this one!juels in Clayton loved it
The cocoa powder makes it almost mole-like, doesn't it, don? Fabo and five-o! Thanks,
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Very interesting addition - cocoa. I had to find out what the secret was.momoften in nowhere loved it