2009 Inaugural Herb Roasted Pheasant With Wild Rice StuffingFrom jimrug1 4 years ago
- 10 Pheasant breast, boneless, remove tenders and reserve for stuffing, cut small pocket in side of breast for stuffing shopping list
- ½ cup olive oil with chopped rosemary, thyme and sage shopping list
- 1 lb. wild rice, long grain shopping list
- 2 quarts chicken stock or canned chicken broth shopping list
- 2 carrots, diced shopping list
- ½ onion, diced shopping list
- ½ cup Dried apricot, small diced shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon salt and pepper mix shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, roasted shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the rice with the chicken stock, cook until soft and most of the liquid is gone. Add the onion, carrot, garlic and apricot. Cook until the vegetables are soft and all liquid has been absorbed. Refrigerate rice mixture until cold.
- In a food processor, puree pheasant tenders to a paste consistency to use as a binder for rice mix. When rice is cool, add the pheasant puree to the rice until well mixed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and return to refrigerator until ready to stuff.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make 10 small football shaped patties of the rice mix, stuff inside the pheasant, being careful not to overstuff the pheasant. Rub herb/oil mixture on top and bottom of the pheasant, season with salt and pepper. Place the pheasant on a heavy gauge roasting pan and then in a preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with lid or foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve over sauté of spinach.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating20 people
I knew YOU could pull this off flawlessly!!! So exciting to see the dish come to life. You are DA MAN! :-D
p.s. I like the addition of pinenuts tooluisascatering in San Carlos loved it
beautiful photos and I do love wild rice!midgelet in Eastern loved it
This looks great! I may even have some "authentic" wild pheasants in the deep-freeze, complete with a few shotgun pellets....mbeards2 in Omaha loved it