Eggplant Deluxe CasseroleFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 2 large eggplants, peeled shopping list
- 4 strips of bacon cut fine shopping list
- 1 large onion minced shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery minced (tough strings removed) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of adobe seasoning shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of finely crushed cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- squeeze of lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter cut in little pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Peel eggplant, cut in one inch chunks,
- Steam in colander over boiling water until very easily pierced witha fork.
- Mash, season with salt and pepper and a little lemon juice
- Fry bacon in large skillet, slowly.
- When nearly done, push to the edge of the pan; add onion and celery.
- Continue to cook very slowly until the vegetables are clear but not brown.
- Add two tablespoons of cracker crumbs to the eggplant mixture along with the bacon, onion and celery mixture. Mix well.
- Add the adobo seasoning (sub grill seasoning if you want).
- Stir in eggs and cheese.
- Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 quart to 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle rest of cracker crumbs on top.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
- Delicious reheated too!
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating9 people
Sounds lovely. I'm into veggie casseroles these days.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Found this just in time! Harvesting eggplant for week and sick of same old. This is great. TQ, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
This is wonderful I had to add it to the group A Taste of Eggplant run by Julia I am sure she will like this.
Michaeltrigger in loved it