Crusty Potatoes In CreamFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon of bacon fat (I know but I had some sitting there) shopping list
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, peeled, soaking in water shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- 3 to 4 passes of nutmeg on the microplane shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandoline or vegetable slicer, slice the potatoes as thin as possible and as evenly. Pat dry
- Slice onion thinly, cut in quarters. You really want it slivered..
- Grease the bottom of a nine inch glass pie pan.
- *bacon fat is wonderful and I have done it with duck fat and that will make you swoon.
- Layer the potato pieces evenly across the bottom of the plate about 1/3 of the slices.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, nutmeg.
- Top with 1/2 of the onions.
- Dot with butter.
- Repeat the layering process ending with the potatoes.
- Put pie pan on a cookie sheet in case of spillover in your oven.
- Slowly pour the cream over the potatoes.
- Dot with a little more butter ( if you dare)
- Finally sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake one hour to one hour and ten minutes until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 54
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating16 people
Our home is never without potatoes and onions. This recipe looks so yummy I can taste it now ;-)lor in Toronto loved it
Sounds fabulous!! Saving this one! And as for the bacon grease, well, even Emeril says "pig fat rules"!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This is a must try! Nutmeg.. who'd a thought?linebb956 in La Feria loved it