My Favorite Mexican RiceFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 2 cups long-grain white rice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons corn oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved (seeds removed) shopping list
- kosher salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the rice in a bowl of hot water, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and shake dry.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rice and toast, stirring, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, puree the garlic, onion and tomatoes in a blender. Add to the rice and cook until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add 3 1/2 cups water, the jalapeno and a pinch of salt; cover and cook over medium heat until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Uncover and place a clean towel over the rice, then re-cover and let stand 15 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork; serve with the jalapeno, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 50
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating19 people
How interesting! This is exactly how my mom makes tomato rice. The only thing is she doesn't add jalapeno, we don't find those around here. This is delicious recipe and again the photos are great! 5 forksgourmetana in London loved it
5 from me, !midgelet in Eastern loved it
Wow!joe1155 in Munchen loved it