Hoisin Tri-Tip RoastFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (2-pound) tri-tip roast shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together hoisin, ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and pepper until well blended. Rub marinade all over roast, coating it well. Place in a glass baking dish, cover, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Remove tri-tip from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 375°F. Blot roast dry with paper towels to remove some of the excess marinade.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Sear roast for about 2 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Transfer roast to a small roasting pan or baking dish and place in the oven. Cook until roast reaches an internal temperature of 125°F for medium rare, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove roast from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Slice tri-tip across the grain and serve.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating15 people
This roast turned out perfect, full of flavor and moist. Will make oftenpudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Made this for Sunday's dinner,was loved by all. thanks for a great post......robertg in loved it
Ok when are you servin' this? I will bring the Hanky Panky's!! I miss tri-tip. When I lived in Laguna Beach it was a staple on the BBQ's. Now I live in Detroit and cannot find..marky90 in Dearborn loved it