Carmelized Onion JamFrom jimrug1 9 years ago
- 1 Tbl clarified butter shopping list
- 1 Tbl vegetable oil (I use Canola) shopping list
- 2 lbs sweet onion Chopped shopping list
- 1 Tsp light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbl dark rum shopping list
- 1Tbl water shopping list
- 1 Tsp Fresh thyme minced shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp cider vinegar shopping list
- salt & ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 12 inch skillet on Med Low. Add oil and butter. Stir in onion and sugar. Season with Salt & Pepper. Cover and cook approximately 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and increase heat to Med High. Cook until onions are dark brown and quite soft. Approximately 10- 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in water. Transfer to a food processor. Add rum, vinegar and thyme. Pulse to a jam like consistency. Refrigerate 1 hr or up to 1 week.
- Serve as a condiment on a cheese board.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating14 people
This is outstanding.....Love onions....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I made this last night for a cookout, Jim - and it was delicious and it got tons of raves. I think this would be good to have on hand all the time. Wow - thanks, hon! ;-)~ Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
I am trying this Sunday with some cheese and french bread. Thanksmango in Marion loved it