Sticky Guinness Chicken WingsFrom danadooley 6 years ago
- 1 kg chicken wings - trim off tip and cut through each wing at the joint shopping list
- 10 shallots - peeled and pounded to a fine paste in a pestle and mortar shopping list
- 2 level tbs black peppercorns - finely crushed shopping list
- 4tbs dark soya sauce (not the sweet variety) shopping list
- 1 tbs light soya sauce shopping list
- 4 level tsps sugar shopping list
- 1 can Guinness (320 ml) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine everything except for Guinness in a large bowl and mix well. Leave to marinate about 15 minutes. Drain off marinade and reserve.
- Heat 4 tbs oil in a wok or deep pan till smoking hot. Add chicken and stir over high heat till browned. Pour in reserved marinade and continue stirring till sticky. Keep heat high.
- Pour in Guinness and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer till liquid evaporates and chicken is cooked through and coated with thick and sticky gravy, but not falling off bones. Stir, scraping bottom and sides often to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Serve on it's own or with rice, pasta or mashed potato.
People Who Like This Dish 20
- jaycewoo Nowhere, Us
- Rossjsmith Nowhere, Us
- kgarmany Nowhere, Us
- angelluck78 Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- 2muchmuffintop Ashburton, NZ
- lizzconn Naas Co Kildare, IE
- greekcook1 Atlantic City, NJ
- jeweller Sydney, AU
- tooheymomster Springfield, MA
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdanadooley Singapore, SG
The Rating8 people
Now you're talking! Got my five!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Wow, gonna have to make those for my husband sometime.. he loves hot wings and adores guinness. Actually, that wouldn't be bad for his birthday party coming up =P I should try 'em out then.aimee in Studio City loved it
I'll join the "Fan Club" This recipe looks absolutely awesome!
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it