Inside Out Stuffed PeppersFrom donman 9 years ago
- 1 pound ground chuck shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onions, diced shopping list
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes (14 ½ ounces), cut up shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice shopping list
- 1 cup of beef broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (Recipe can be found with my recipes on my profile page.) Or use equivalent ingredients. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet brown beef and onions; drain off fat.
- Transfer to a greased two quart casserole.
- Sprinkle the rice on top of the ground beef.
- Lay out sliced green peppers on top of meat and rice.
- In a bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, seasoning mix, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Add mixture to the top of the beef, peppers and rice mixture. (Do not mix)
- Cover and Bake 350 for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Return (uncovered) to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
People Who Like This Dish 51
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating18 people
My family really likes stuffed peppers. This recipe has all the ingredients, with a much easier way to prepare. It is on my list to try.maggiel52 in Conway loved it
I love this ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
Hey Donman, if you "changed the recipe and cooked it the way I understood it, took pictures along the way, and it came out perfect" then you're darn tootin' that it IS your recipe! Thanks for sharing. It really looks yummy!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!