Spanish Olive And Cream Cheese CanapesFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 10 slices firm white sandwich bread shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I like olive oil or a combo of the two) shopping list
- 1 oz parmigiano-Reggiano shopping list
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened (3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed green Spanish olives (3 oz), rinsed, drained, and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (I like to sub in a chile with heat...jalapenos, serranos...whatever suits you) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons medium-dry sherry shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- This recipe works great as written. However, you can play with ingredient list in a number of ways. I have added chicken, crabmeat, shrimp...switched up the cheeses and breads...have fun with it! shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut 40 rounds from bread slices with cutter, then brush 1 side of each round with butter/olive oil and bake on a large baking sheet until pale golden, about 8 minutes. (Leave toasts on baking sheet.)
- Preheat broiler.
- Finely grate (I use a mircoplane) the Parmigiano-Reggiano (you will have about 1 cup).
- Mash together cream cheese, olives, scallion, bell pepper, paprika, and Sherry until combined well, then top each toast with 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Broil canapés about 4 inches from heat until Parmigiano-Reggiano begins to turn golden, about 1 minute.
- ~ Toasts can be made 1 day ahead and cooled completely, then kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
- ~ Cream cheese mixture can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before using.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating11 people
I LOVE olives with cream cheese. Thanks for sharing, this is wonderful.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Love spanish olives.....so i will be making these real soon......great post you got my 5grizzlybear in loved it
yum! delicious!jett2whit in Union City loved it