Buttermilk Biscuits With Green Onions Black Pepper And Sea SaltFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup chilled buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions ( sometimes use a bit more) shopping list
- 2 cups self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar (I like to use two tablespoons of sugar. In my opinion gives them the perfect background sweetness.) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper plus additional for sprinkling shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, plus 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
- coarse sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine buttermilk and green onions in medium bowl. (Note: If you really want to infuse the buttermilk with green onion flavor, cover and let sit in the fridge for an hour or two before proceeding.)
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper in large bowl to blend. Add 1/2 cup chilled butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk mixture and stir until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough together. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead gently just to combine, about 3 to 4 turns.
- Roll out to 3/4-inch thickness. Using floured 2-inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out rounds. Reroll scraps and cut out additional rounds.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter. Sprinkle each lightly with coarse sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake biscuits until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating19 people
Thank you for the advance on this recipe I got to make these Sunday and we had them this morning and tonight as well. All I have to say is you are the Mayor of these Buttermilk Biscuits With Green Onions Black Pepper And Sea Salt.
Five forks and...moretrigger in loved it
Absolutely fabulous, darling!!! Can't wait to try some of these...a definate 5 forker!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
mmmm, I love savory biscuits.
I'm going to forward a recipe for Savory Breakfast Scones that I think you'll like :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!