Spinach with chickpeas and peppersFrom juels 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive OR vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 lg garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeded and sliced in strips shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin shopping list
- pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 14 oz canned chickpeas, drained shopping list
- 18 0z spinach leaves OR 1 package frozen spinach, defrosted shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over med.-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sautee until golden and caramelised.
- Add the pepper strips and sautee for 3 more min. Add more oil if needed.
- Add cumin, cayenne and turmeric and cook, stirring for another minute.
- Add the chickpeas and stir until coated with spices.
- Stir in the spinach. You can add a little liquid like water or chicken broth at this point (about 2-3 tbsp). Cover and cook until wilted for 4-5 min. (If using frozen spinach, cook until warmed through, but still retains green color).
- Uncover, season with salt and pepper and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating15 people
Looks delicious! I feel healthier just reading the ingredients and looking at the picture... =)
High Five, and Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing~~~
Debbie~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
I am a sucker for anything with chickpeas in it. And the spices give it a little hint of Mediteranean. Great recipe. Nice photo too... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
This recipe looks perfect for my family and I. Chickpeas are very popular in so many of my preparations and I love finding new recipes that include chickpeas as an ingredient. High 5!laadeedaa in loved it
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members
Popeyes Paradise A Spinach Place66 members
Organic Gardening 101220 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
Spinach Lovers Unite64 members
Fast Food20 members
Crazy About Greens45 members
Time Saving Recipes40 members
Vegetable Side Dishes58 members