Shrimp With Cheesy Grits And BaconFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- Two cups of liquid - I used a bottle of beer and made up the difference with clam stock/juice - use what you want (white wine, stock or even water) shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup regular grits shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black or white pepper shopping list
- 4 bacon slices shopping list
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients. Keep warm.
- In the meantime, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sprinkle shrimp with pepper and salt; dredge in flour.
- Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings in skillet 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add scallions, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly brown.
- Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce, and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Serve shrimp mixture over hot cheese grits. Top with crumbled bacon; serve with lemon wedges.
- Serve with bread, salad and icy beverage of choice. You'll love this!
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating17 people
Grab another bowl, Jett is on the way!!! This is wonderful!!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
From one Southern gal to another, I GET IT. Awesome post. Great recipe. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh Yeah, Love them shrimps and grits. LIFE IS GOOD, GOD LOVES US, AND WE'RE HAVING SHRIMPS AND GRITS TONIGHT! Ya gotta love them shrimps and grits! Good Stuff, thanks for posting!saltymike in Naples loved it