Porterhouse Steaks with Jack Daniels Pan SauceFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 2 porterhouse steaks (1 to 1 1/4 pounds each), cut 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon EVOO or Canola oil, or your fave shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels shopping list
- about 1 t or so chopped garlic (I never measure) optionsl shopping list
How to make it
- Dry steaks;
- sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat for ten minutes. Coat with oil.
- Place steaks in pan; cook, until seared and brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook 5 minutes on the other side for medium-rare; 6 minutes for medium.
- Remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in skillet; stir in Worcestershire sauce and whiskey.
- Add garlic if using
- Bring to a boil; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice steaks, if desired.
- Pour sauce over steaks and serve.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating18 people
Love the sauce combo!!!! DELISH.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Love JD steak....and pork....and chicken.....and...
Awesome, thanks, sparow!
pat2me in Nashua loved it
wonderful tasty ingredients...bookmarked and having it over the weekend. Thanks got my 5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it