Chicken Smothered In Bacon Onions And CheeseFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- marinade and Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- ½ cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- ½ cup good honey shopping list
- 1½ teaspoons peanut or safflower oil shopping list
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Remaining ingredients: shopping list
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- ½ tablespoons peanut or safflower oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced and rings cut in half shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mushroom, sliced (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cooked shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine marinade in medium bowl until well blended (or beat with mixer for 1 minute, as recipe suggests).
- Place chicken breasts in a large ziplock baggie and pour ½ of marinade into bag, rubbing marinade into the chicken; marinate in refrigerator for 2 or more hours (don’t exceed 24).
- Chill remaining marinade in refrigerator to serve with chicken.
- When ready to prepare chicken, heat ½ tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat; sear chicken breasts in hot oil, turning to sear both sides, cooking until almost done.
- If skillet is oven safe, remove chicken; sauté onions and mushrooms in the skillet in the butter; remove sautéed veggies from skillet.
- If skillet is not oven safe, transfer chicken to oven safe dish; sauté onions and mushrooms in the skillet in the butter.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in skillet or oven safe dish.
- Stack 2 pieces of bacon on top of each breast.
- Spoon sautéed veggies over bacon.
- Top veggies with 1/3 cup grated cheese.
- Cover pan loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted and hot.
- Remove chicken to serving dishes and top each one with a bit of freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with reserved marinade on the side for dipping.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating19 people
mmmmm!!!!!seafoodlover in Chicago loved it
Get that chicken nice and tasty, Krum! I love this. Thanks and my ^5.
Lalacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Ooohh. Making my mouth water gf. By the way-made your Bacon bread (AGAIN) and I swear it's better evry time. Thanks for that one baby.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!